Transportation Customer Support Specialist - Evening and Overnight Shifts
Sorry, this job has expired.
As a transportation industry leader, Penske knows that people are the keys to our success with customers. We seek high-performing individuals with a deep passion for customer service and high ethical standards. Sound like you? Apply for our transportation customer support specialist position now!
As the transportation customer support specialist you will monitor route status and provide required information using the Transportation Management Systems as well as electronic resources such as web portal and email.
• High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate's/Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
• Previous customer service experience is required.
• Must submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history).
• Must submit to a drug screening.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance.
• Willingness to travel as necessary.
• Work the required schedule.
• Work at the specific location required.
• Complete Penske employment application.
• Act as the first line of contact for customer’s routine reporting requirements, providing the customer with status updates as needed
• Communicate effectively with customers and drivers, providing concise instruction and/or information through verbal and written communication methods.
• Answer and process requests received through inbound calls and emails in a timely manner.
• Monitor routes for exceptions/abnormal route conditions, and provide timely feedback to internal and external customers.
• Escalate all non-routine customer inquiries appropriately to solve operational issues.
• Serve as the primary contact for data collection, audit, and reporting of various performance metrics.
• Support with root cause analysis, use of reporting tools, and Key Performance Indicators.
• Must be able to read, communicate verbally and/or in written form, remember and analyze certain information, and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
• Must be able to stand, walk, and sit.
• Must be able to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms.
• Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Bilingual skills (Spanish) are an asset.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management.
We look for skilled individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment. Working together toward common goals makes Penske a great place to work. Every day, we challenge our employees to find better ways of working by fostering a culture that empowers them to make a difference.
Email your resume to us, apply in person, or click "Apply now" to visit our online application portal.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.