Sorry, this job has expired.
Are you are safety conscious? Do you have a pleasant, outgoing attitude and want to excel in a warehouse environment? Then Penske Logistics has a great opportunity for you!
We are currently looking for a dock worker to become part of our excellent team at our Princeton, Indiana, warehouse.
As a dock worker you can expect to:
• Accurately match numbers & letters.
• Accurately stage and sort products for loading.
• Load and unload trailers.
• Open and close dock doors.
• Sort and place parts in racks or other designated areas.
• Pull the manual dock chain.
• Stack cardboard boxes and pallets.
• Comply with all safety requirements.
• Package or kit finished product for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, labeling).
• Electronically scan products using a warehouse management system.
• Ensure damaged products are identified and removed when received.
• Complete daily logs.
• Attach identifying tags to containers, or mark them with identifying information.
• Record numbers of units handled and moved using daily production sheets or work tickets.
• Assemble product containers and crates using hand tools and precut lumber.
• Pack containers and re-pack damaged containers.
• Read the production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
• Sort and store perishable goods in refrigerated rooms.
• Fill requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distribute items to production workers or assembly line.
• Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves.
• Weigh or count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
• Prepare parcels for mailing.
• Maintain inventory records using a computer.
•Operate forklifts or pallet jacks to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from several locations for shipment.
To work for us, you must:
• Have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Have at least 1 year of warehousing or material-handling (using hand/power tools and hand truck) equipment experience
• Have proficient reading skills and the ability to follow directions.
• Be flexible about working overtime.
• Submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening.
We require you to be able to:
• Remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information.
• See and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Move frequently, stand, walk, and sit.
• Use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms.
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
• Work in non climate-controlled conditions.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning, and execution in transportation, warehousing, and freight management.
Email your resume to us, apply in person, or click "Apply now" to visit our online application portal.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.