Warehouse Worker / Forklift Operator
Penske Logistics is now hiring Warehouse Workers / Forklift Operators to join our excellent team.
Pay is $16.38 to $16.88/ Hour for experienced candidates. We're also offering a $500 Sign-on Bonus after 90 days of employment!
This is a great opportunity for pleasant, outgoing, safety-conscious individuals who want to excel in a warehouse environment. Experience is preferred but is not required.
• Great pay
• Health Insurance benefits after 60 days
• Vision and Dental Insurance
• On-site training
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• At least 1 year of warehousing or material-handling (using hand/power tools and hand truck) equipment experience is preferred
• Must be excellent with numbers
• Flexibility to work overtime preferred
• Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location, and complete Penske employment application
• Must submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening
• Accurately match numbers and letters.
• Accurately stage and sort products for loading.
• Load and unload trailers.
• Open and close dock doors.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area.
• Sort and place parts in racks or other designated areas.
• Pull manual dock chain.
• Stack cardboard boxes and pallets.
• Move materials within the warehouse.
• Comply with all safety requirements.
• Package or kit finished product for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, labeling).
• Electronically scan products using a warehouse management system.
• Perform quality control.
• Ensure damaged products are identified and removed when received.
• Complete daily logs.
• Communicate with associates from other shifts.
• Attach identifying tags to containers, or mark them with identifying information.
• Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs.
• Record numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
• Assemble product containers and crates using hand tools and precut lumber.
• Pack containers and re-pack damaged containers.
• Read production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
• Sort and store perishable goods in refrigerated rooms.
• Fill requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distribute items to production workers or assembly line.
• Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or convey orders to packing station or shipping department.
• Weigh or count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
• Use a computer to enter records.
• Prepare parcels for mailing.
• Maintain inventory records.
• Operate forklifts, pallet jacks, and a variety of warehouse mechanical equipment.
• Operate forklifts or pallet jacks to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from several locations for shipment.
• Proficient reading skills and ability to follow directions.
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Customer service skills.
• Multi-tasking skills.
• Organizational skills.
• Time management skills.
• Ability to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines, or other information.
• Ability to see and verbally communicate.
• Ability to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit.
• Ability to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms.
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
2 shifts offered:
• Day shift: 6:30am–3:15pm
• Night shift: 7:15pm–4am
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.